Sunday, August 28, 2011

1 Year Anniversary - Ground Control'ed!

Today marks the 1 Year Anniversary of my purchase of this beautiful 1972 Nissan Fairlady 240Z-L. I found the car tucked in the Santa Cruz Mountains, where she sat for 18 years. I saved her from rotting away in the mountains, and I am proud to say she is up and running beautifully again. It has been a long journey, with plenty of ups and downs. I cannot believe a year has passed!

Here is how I picked her up on the first official day of ownership, October 28th, 2010. Uncovered into the light for the first time in 18 years.




To celebrate, I purchased a small little birthday present for her :) Did I out do myself?

This beautiful set of coilovers was picked up from Jaime on HybridZ.org for $650! An absolute STEAL! A new set of Ground Control Coilover Sleeves range for $400+, and the Illumina 5-way Adjustable Shocks for $500+. This does not include the cutting/welding needed to mount the sleeves to the coilovers, which probably ranges from $200-300. IN ADDITION, these coilovers were professionally powdercoated as well! An absolute steal, if you ask me :)

Beautiful construction.

Prepping them on the car!



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment