Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Datsun Competition Steering Wheel Replica Group Buy?

During my search for a better condition Datsun Competition Steering Wheel, I stumbled across several shops on Yahoo! Japan Auctions that make a replica. The steering wheel appears to be an EXACT copy, both in quality and dimensions. Here are several pictures:


A beautifully constructed wheel indeed. There is an option to include a NOS OEM Button (exact same as USDM buttons) for an additional 5000 YEN.


As you can see the detail of this Japanese product is amazing!


Even the screws, turn signal pillars, and holes are correct!

I still have to explore whether JDM Datsun enthusiasts are interested in spending more than $380 on a replica, but it beats spending $600 + on a used steering wheel (depending on desire of originality). I am sure it would appeal to the 510/Bluebird community as well.

Please send me your input or interest to chioug AT gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment