Monday, January 24, 2011

Authentic Nissan Rear Wing & Fujitsubo Legalis R SS Exhaust

This weekend I spent some time installing an authentic Nissan rear wing to the Fairlady 240Z's hatch. It was definitely a challenge, as the installation required drilling and some rust prohibiting painting. I am very satisfied with the outcome:

Unlike the U.S. domestic BRE wing, this wing features the JDM embossed plate for OEM badges. I did my best after reviewing several pictures of Fairlady 240ZG models to identify the exact location of the factory badging. I had to wear a gas mask to prevent myself from inhaling fiberglass too! The wing was painted with Classic Datsun's (Les) rear tail light panel / hub cap gray paint. I really like this metallic paint since it is not too dark nor too light. You would be surprised how the repainting of the tail light panels and adding the wing have prettied up the rear of the car! :)

As you can also see from the rear, I installed a JDM Fujitsubo Legalis R Stainless Steel Exhaust and had the final tweaking done by Dandos Automotive. This exhaust is no doubt THE BEST sounding exhaust available for our Z cars. The small dual tubing through the rear leaves a very nice sounding tone, without sounding like a 70's truck. The exhaust tone is smooth through all RPM's, quiet at idle and loud when stepped on. It is quite a pricey exhaust I must say, and a PAIN to bring over from Japan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also looking for the rear wing. Where did you order yours if you don't mind me asking? I only found the Kameari frp wing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information on this post. Also, it is really nice to listen all your words. Thanks for sharing this.

    Custom Exhaust Pipes

    ReplyDelete