Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fairlady Z432 Two-Knob Rally Clock

Last night I was lingering around Japan's Yahoo Auctions and came upon this sucker. A SUPER rare S30 Two-Knob Rally Clock. I have been looking for one of these since I saw a vendor's in LA last year. When I receive it, I will have it sent to Zclocks.com for refurbishment. Super expensive, but well worth it ;) Unfortunately it is missing the knobs, which I must source...


This clock was standard on the Fairlady Z 432, 240ZG, 240Z-L, Z-L models, and an option on 240Z and Z models in Japan as well as many rally cars up to 1973. It is an EXTREMELY rare optional item you can have for your Z car. It has stop watch feature. The inner second counter wheel on the face rotates while the red needle stays still. The extra knob on the clock sets the wheel back to zero. It runs only with an external oscillator shown in the picture above.

1 comment:

  1. Hi mate,
    How did the clock go after you had it sorted by Ron at Zclocks.com? Happy with it? I just got a twin knob clock from Japan and will install in my early S30z.

    Since your car is a later 280z you could have put the later style clock in it without the oscillator box.

    ReplyDelete